I received a recipe from an awesome advertising agency located in Melville called EGC Group that I had to share with everyone (hopefully they don’t get mad). This yummy take on the classic holiday drink known as eggnog is sure knock your socks off! The following recipe is for a serving 4 and some HIGHLY recommended from his girl over here!
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 dashes ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces strong ale
- 1/2 ounce bourbon or dark rum
- Separate the eggs. Beat the sugar into the yolks until smooth.
- Stir the milk and cream into the yolk mixture. Add 1 dash cinnamon and the bourbon or rum. (Some recipes call for as much as 4 ounces of liquor; here, a bit of warmth is welcome, but too much can overwhelm the beer’s flavor.)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the nog mixture.
- Divide the beer into serving glasses; top off with the nog mixture and serve.
- Optional: Reserve some of the cream, whip and add a dollop to each glass. Sprinkle 1 dash of spice on top and serve.